Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. has today announced the launch of its new 4, 5, 6 and 7 series cooking appliances, including multiple ovens which come with various steam features that promote healthy eating.
The launch comes as new research some Samsung reveals the top five ways Brits have tried to eat healthier, with 70 percent steaming their food to try and eat better, while more than half (53%) have turned to air frying. Other ways people have tried to eat healthier are eating more fruit and vegetables (34%), avoiding sugary foods (25%) and cutting down on saturated fat and sugar (23%).
The Samsung NV7000B and NQ7000B Oven series comes in a choice of four elegant modern colours: Satin Beige, Clean Navy, Clean Black and Black Stainless. They include innovative ways to steam and air fry food to promote healthy eating, including:
- Steaming Food:
- Full Steam – surrounds food such as vegetables or fresh fish with a vapour of hot steam, so they are cooked optimally and retain their natural flavour and vitamins.
- Add Steam – fills the oven with steam, leaving your food tender inside and crispy outside.
- Natural Steam – get deliciously succulent and crispy baking results without the need of specialist drawers or other equipment.
- Air Frying Food:
- The Air Fry mode cooks food using a little oil and without a deep fryer, eliminating excess fat whilst keeping things succulent inside and crispy outside.
- Simply place food on the tray with just a touch of oil and select the Air Fry mode.
- Air Sous Vide:
- Provides even more tender and tastier cooking by accurately sensing the temperature and keeping it even over a long period.
- This means everything is cooked thoroughly, wherever it is placed in the oven, and tastes deliciously tender and succulent.
Samsung Natural Steam
Samsung Air Fry
Samsung Air Sous Vide
Both oven series are also equipped with SmartThings Cooking which enables a seamless grocery shopping experience and generates a weekly meal plan with personalised recipes with easy-to-follow instructions that suit your dietary requirements, such as vegan, vegetarian or gluten-free. Although you don’t have to have any smart appliances to use the app, any SmartThings-connected refrigerators (such as Family Hub), ranges or ovens will sync up with it for even easier food management.
Samsung SmartThings Cooking
Dan Harvie, VP, Head of Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd., said: “A healthy diet is essential for good health and nutrition, which is why Samsung continues to innovate and provide features to encourage people to cook more healthily.
“This week, Samsung has announced a new range of ovens and cooking appliances offering leading nutritional cooking benefits, including air frying and various settings for steam cooking even including Sous Vide all within one appliance. Plus, with SmartThings Cooking, you can get personalised recipes and a weekly meal plan that promote healthy eating, ensuring you always stay on track. Many of the new ovens also perfectly steam vegetables and fish, so food is cooked optimally and retains its natural flavour and vitamins.”
 Samsung ‘Healthy Eating’ Research 2022 with OnePoll, surveying 2,000 British adults between 21.02.2022 – 23.02.2022.